- RSS Channel Showcase 4988906
- RSS Channel Showcase 9934387
- RSS Channel Showcase 8661780
- RSS Channel Showcase 2007094
Articles on this Page
- 10/06/17--12:53: _The "Center-Left" H...
- 10/06/17--13:38: _From a Concert in L...
- 10/06/17--13:58: _We're Failing the U...
- 10/06/17--14:34: _Trump Effect: Minne...
- 10/06/17--14:44: _Behind the Matador'...
- 10/06/17--15:22: _How Big Corporation...
- 10/06/17--17:19: _Memo to Tillerson a...
- 10/06/17--18:13: _President Zigzag
- 10/06/17--18:57: _Poverty Down, Jobs ...
- 10/06/17--23:15: _Wombward
- 10/07/17--03:58: _Daily Inspiration--...
- 10/07/17--07:42: _Iraqi Kurdistan the...
- 10/07/17--08:15: _Congratulations! Yo...
- 10/07/17--08:37: _Separation is Beaut...
- 10/07/17--09:06: _Did Russia Hack the...
- 10/07/17--10:13: _A Provocation to In...
- 10/07/17--10:18: _How Brainwashed Are...
- 10/07/17--10:21: _Republicans Continu...
- 10/07/17--10:48: _Revisiting and Ques...
- 10/07/17--12:45: _The U.S. Armed the ...
- 10/06/17--12:53: The "Center-Left" Had Its Chance; It's Time For Something New
- 10/06/17--13:58: We're Failing the U.S. Citizens of Puerto Rico
- 10/06/17--14:44: Behind the Matador's Cape
- 10/06/17--15:22: How Big Corporations Game Our Democracy Into Their Plutocracy
- 10/06/17--17:19: Memo to Tillerson about the Moron
- 10/06/17--18:13: President Zigzag
- 10/06/17--23:15: Wombward
- 10/07/17--03:58: Daily Inspiration---Counterfactual Utopias
- 10/07/17--07:42: Iraqi Kurdistan the fly to regional spiders Turkey, Iraq, Iran
- 10/07/17--08:15: Congratulations! You are a Size Zero!
- 10/07/17--08:37: Separation is Beautiful
- 10/07/17--10:13: A Provocation to Investigate the Las Vegas Massacre
- 10/07/17--10:18: How Brainwashed Are We?
- 10/07/17--10:21: Republicans Continue To Attack Women's Health
- 10/07/17--10:48: Revisiting and Questioning Trump's Boasting to Billy Bush in 2005
- 10/07/17--12:45: The U.S. Armed the Soviet Union During the 'Cold War'
The center-left rarely even chastised, much less prosecuted, bankers for their criminality in the runup to the economic crisis, whose devastation is still felt around the globe. Instead, it left them in charge of their institutions and in possession of their freedom and their ill-gotten gains.
While we try to steer the domestic conversation to the need for gun control, we should also be seeking to end the massive flow of US weapons to Saudi Arabia that is wreaking such carnage. A new resolution in Congress, HR Resolution 81, would do just that. We must demand that Congress act to stop the US support for mass murder in Yemen.
Wanting your legal rights as citizens in the form of federal government aid in a natural disaster isn't wanting "everything done for you." It's what we all expect, and should expect, as citizens of this nation. America shouldn't let down our citizens in Puerto Rico. We must help them in this crisis.
Nothing shocks me these days with the level of racism still prevalent in America that is a part of the Trump effect. But this one sent chills down my spine with the matter-of-fact nature with which this politician said what he said about trains and 'the coloreds' that should embarrass the country.
What are the chances of popular and commoner/commons triumph before it's too late? Who knows? It's not about the crystal ball. But fine, let's say, too pessimistically I think, that the odds are just one in 10. Giving up and letting the matador win unopposed brings it down to nothing. We have no choice but get bullish on revolution.
Remarkably, the artificial creation called the "corporation" has now achieved almost all of the rights of real people under our "We the People" Constitution that never mentions the words "corporation" or "company." Politicians use their ever-increasing corporate cash to saturate voters with deceptive political ads, and intimidate any competitors who have far less money, but may be far better representative of the public good.
Let Trump fire you. That would reveal what a moron he is. If you really want to serve the best interests of this nation, you might want to consider meeting with Mattis, Kelly, and Vice President Pence. Come up with a plan for getting most of the cabinet to join in a letter to Congress saying Trump is unable to discharge the duties of his office. Under the 25th Amendment, that would mean Trump is fired.
President Trump boasts about his "zigzag" foreign policy as if inconsistency is an attribute in dealing with a fragile world, but his zigzagging endangers backchannel intermediaries handling outreach to North Korea, reports Robert Parry.
Examines recent numbers about falling poverty, falling unemployment, rising incomes, to show that we have a long, long way to go before we are even on the road to wiping out poverty and unemployment.
Vietnamese have never taken any internationalist ideology seriously, especially Communism, a nightmare dreamt up by rootless minds. Protective of family and race, of all those who came from the same womb, they've fought against the Chinese, Mongolians, French, Americans and even against each other, because, well, their foes were deemed as fraudulent Vietnamese.
The pacifist-socialist who should have been President in the crucial post-war period when the Cold War was imprinted on the world.
It's easy to forget that even when Ankara was denouncing Tehran as a "state sponsor of terrorism," at the height of the war in Syria, the two countries kept diplomatic relations. Moreover, the liberation of Aleppo by the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) only happened with the relative speed that it did because Ankara ordered its proxies to back off.
The average American man now weighs 194 pounds and woman, an astounding 165 pounds. In 2002, the average American woman weighed 153 pounds and in 1994, 147 pounds. Does anyone see a trend?
The Israeli Parliament, the Knesset, is busy with enacting a new law, called the Nation Law, which is intended to make clear that the Jewishness of the Jewish State takes precedence over democracy and human rights. Israel has no constitution, but until now it was assumed that Israel was equally "Jewish" and "democratic." The new law is about to abolish that notion.
The Department of Homeland Security has noted that its assessment that there was no finagling with the vote count was made with only "moderate confidence." For Wyden, that's not good enough for such a sensitive and significant matter -- and it sends the misguided signal that the voting system is doing just fine.
The mainstream media reporting on the Las Vegas massacre is overwhelming people's ability to think clearly by presenting an endless stream of information while refusing to examine the possibility that the truth goes far deeper than one crazed gunman.This approach, however, has many precedents and should be examined by skeptical minds.
Introduction To Common Law Part 1 This is Part 1 of Bill Thornton's 3 part introduction to Common Law
The Republicans failed at a wholesale repeal of the Affordable Care Act and its protections for women -- so now they are taking it apart piece by piece. The Trump Administration rolled backed the Affordable Care Act requirement for employers' health insurance plans to cover birth control at no cost for women.
On October 8, 2016, the Washington Post released unaired footage of Donald Trump, the Republican Party's 2016 presidential candidate, speaking in 2005 with Billy Bush of "Access Hollywood." Today an advocacy group is playing that videotape in front of the Washington Monument. First, I want to discuss Camille Paglia's recent comments about Hugh Hefner and Trump in the "Hollywood Reporter." Then I want to raise some questions.
This article exposes the "Cold War" against the Soviet Union as a Big Lie. United States corporate and government rulers, far from fearing the Soviet Union, armed it from its 1917 revolution straight through the Cold War including the Korean and Vietnam war. Why? Because the Communists were useful to America's rulers: they were a bogeyman enemy to frighten Americans into accepting the warmongering military-industrial complex.